Tuesday, February 20, 2018

DIY 2018 Planner by Melanie


Hi Everyone! Melanie here today to share with you my planner for 2018. I LOVE having a planner! Over the past few years I've tried several different ones--but never really found one that I could use efficiently or that matched my needs. So . . . this year I decided to make my own :)

(Front Cover)

I wanted one that was light and compact; a planner that wouldn't end up half-unused. After searching around for blank journals, I found one that I preferred with dot pages. This makes it easy for me to line things up, but not feel like I have to fill up every line.

The look of colorful, decorated planners is BEAUTIFUL--but it doesn't work for my style of what I need a functioning planner to be. Using SRM stickers and stamps is perfect for designing my own planner because of their classic style and clear backing. It would be easy to add color to any of these pages if I wanted to.

(Inside title page)

(Year at a glance)

I tried to incorporate my favorite layouts from other planners, as well as ideas of my own. I need the year at a glance and planning ahead pages for the upcoming months. Because I am only making one month at a time (so I don't have wasted pages in between months), the layout with upcoming events is really important for my planning.


As you can see I used a ton of SRM stickers to set up these pages and they turned out better than I had imagined!

For the monthly layouts, I am using the new planner season stamps. For the February layout, I used both the Winter Plans and Spring Plans sets, as well as the Notes to Self Planner stamps for the days of the week.


I love having these pages tailored to my needs and style. Happy planning! :)

SRM Products Used:

No comments: