Monday, April 9, 2018

Reverse Canvas Vinyl Sign by Karen


Hello!  Karen joining you today with something I just whipped up!  Pun intended! 



This was such a fun project to create! 

The bright colors of vinyl really make it stand out against the rustic frame.


When applying vinyl to canvas, the key is to prep your canvas - either with a layer of paint or spray it with a sealer before attempting to apply your vinyl. For my project, I sprayed the canvas with a spray adhesive after removing it from the frame and before cutting my vinyl. 

I used my electronic die cutter to cut the words/letters and cupcake (3 gorgeous colors of Oracal 651). By the time I finished cutting and weeding, my canvas was ready. The vinyl easily adhered to the surface. I sprayed the whole thing again with the sealer and let it sit while I stained the frame. Once the frame was dried and ready, the last step was re-attaching the canvas to the back of the frame. A very easy project with great results!
For this project I used:


No comments: